- Received November 18, 2015.
- Accepted January 8, 2016.
- Published online February 10, 2016.
Copyright & Usage
© 2016 The Authors. Published by the Royal Society under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/, which permits unrestricted use, provided the original author and source are credited.
- Daniel Bengtsson1,
- Kamran Safi2,3,
- Alexis Avril1,
- Wolfgang Fiedler2,3,
- Martin Wikelski2,3,
- Gunnar Gunnarsson4,
- Johan Elmberg4,
- Conny Tolf1,
- Björn Olsen5,6 and
- Jonas Waldenström1⇑
- 1Centre for Ecology and Evolution in Microbial Model Systems (EEMiS), Linnaeus University, Kalmar 391 82, Sweden
- 2Deparment of Migration and Immuno-Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Ornithology, Am Obstberg 1, Radolfzell 78315, Germany
- 3Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz 78457, Germany
- 4Division of Natural Sciences, Kristianstad University, Kristianstad 291 88, Sweden
- 5Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala 751 85, Sweden
- 6Zoonosis Science Centre IMBIM, Uppsala University, Uppsala 751 23, Sweden