- Received November 25, 2015.
- Accepted February 24, 2016.
- Published online March 30, 2016.
Copyright & Usage
© 2016 The Authors. Published by the Royal Society under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/, which permits unrestricted use, provided the original author and source are credited.
- Karl T. Bates1⇑,
- Philip D. Mannion2,
- Peter L. Falkingham3,
- Stephen L. Brusatte4,
- John R. Hutchinson5,
- Alejandro Otero6,
- William I. Sellers7,
- Corwin Sullivan8,
- Kent A. Stevens9 and
- Vivian Allen5
- 1Department of Musculoskeletal Biology, Institute of Aging and Chronic Disease, University of Liverpool, The Apex Building, 6 West Derby Street, Liverpool L7 8TX, UK
- 2Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London SW7 2AZ, UK
- 3School of Natural Sciences and Psychology, Liverpool John Moores University, James Parsons Building, Bryon Street, Liverpool L3 3AF, UK
- 4School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh, Grant Institute, The King's Buildings, James Hutton Road, Edinburgh EH9 3FE, UK
- 5Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Structure and Motion Laboratory, Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
- 6CONICET – División Paleontología de Vertebrados, Museo de La Plata, Paseo del Bosque s/n, La Plata B1900FWA, Argentina
- 7Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
- 8Key Laboratory of Vertebrate Evolution and Human Origins, Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 142 Xizhimenwai Dajie, Beijing 100044, People's Republic of China
- 9Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA